At Carterhatch Junior School we believe your child’s success is built upon a partnership between the school, child and parents. We ask you to read and sign the following agreement to reflect this partnership.
As the child – I will:
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Be responsible for my learning and behaviour.
- Bring all the equipment I need every day and be tidy in appearance.
- Do all my work at school and at home as well as I can.
- Be polite, kind and helpful to all others.
- Take care of the school’s equipment, our building and the school surroundings.
- Follow the school values and recognise the rights and responsibilities of myself and others.
- Keep myself and others safe.
As the parent/carer – I/We will:
- Make sure my child attends school regularly, on time and properly equipped for school.
- Inform school of the reason for absence or lateness on the same morning.
- Not book holidays during term-time.
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for learning and behaviour.
- Support my child with homework and other home learning opportunities, including 20 minutes reading each evening and learning of spellings/times tables.
- Attend Parents Evenings and discussion about my child’s progress.
- Get to know about my child’s life at school.
As the school, we will:
- Care for your child’s safety and happiness.
- Support your child to achieve their best and make the most of all the opportunities given to them.
- Provide a balanced curriculum at an appropriate level for your child.
- Encourage high standards of behaviour through building self respect, good relationships and a sense of responsibility.
- Take account of your child’s feelings and needs through listening to them and valuing what they say.
- Keep you informed of your child’s progress and about general school matters.
- Be open and welcoming and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the general life of the school.