Governors are responsible for helping to provide an environment in which a good quality education can be delivered. Our Governing Board works in partnership with the Headteacher in order to fulfil its’ responsibility for the general oversight of the School’s progress.
Governing Board responsibilities include:
- Setting strategic direction, objectives, targets and policies.
- Reviewing progress against the budget, plans and targets.
- Approving the school budget.
- Acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher by providing support and challenge.
- Appointing the Headteacher.
Minutes of all Governors’ meetings are kept in School and are available on request.
Governing Board 2017-2018
Co-opted Governors: Tony Poole,
LA Governor: Alex Monk
Parent Governors: Almae Sykaj, Michelle Parr
Staff Governor: Lynda Hannaford
Headteacher Governor: Helen McGovern
Associate governor: Claire Newton